1. What was the most recent tea you drank?
Just plain ol’ green tea from Tim Hortons
2. What vegan forums do you post/lurk on? If so, what is your username? Spill!
I do post over at the PostPunkKitchen with the name lobsteriffic…I mostly lurk, but I think my post count is over 200 now.
3. You have to have tofu for dinner, and it has to be an Italian dish. What comes to mind first?
Lasagna with a tofu ricotta….mmmmm.
4. How many vegan blogs do you read on an average day?
Since I’ve discovered Google Reader, a lot more! All the new posts just sit there on my Google home page until I read them…so lovely. Anyhoo, I would say 15 or so.
5. Besides our own, what is the most recent one you’ve read?
Get Sconed…hence why I am completing the survey
6. If you could hang out with a vegan blogger that you haven’t met, who would it be, and what would you do?
Well, I’ve never met a vegan blogger. In fact, I’ve briefly met only two vegans, and I don’t really know them at all. So I think I would just be so flabbergasted at actually meeting a vegan blogger.
7. If you had to base your dinners for a week around one of the holy trilogy – tofu, seitan or tempeh, which would it be?
Probably tofu. It’s what I’m used to so I can think of more things to do with it.
8. If you had to use one in a fight, which would it be?
Can it be frozen? Then I would say tofu.
9. Name 3 meals you’d realistically make with that tough protein of choice!
Southern Fried Tofu from Vegan Vittles, some sort of pizza with tofu ricotta “cheese,” and General Tao’s tofu
10. What’s a recipe in vegan blogland that you’ve been eyeing?
Tempeh wingz…I STILL haven’t tried those.
11. Do you own any clothing with vegan messages/brands on them?
No. This makes me sad. I’ve drooled over some of the shirts at Herbivore.
No! But I manage to work it into conversation at least bi-weekly how much I want to go. And all I will do is eat and eat and eat.
13. What age did you first go vegan? Did it stick?
I believe it was a few days after my 24th birthday this past year. And I’m still here.
14. What is the worst vegan meal you’ve had? Who cooked it?
I was a guest speaker at a luncheon where they would be serving sandwiches so I requested a vegan option. I was brought stale white bread with tomato and lettuce and that’s it. No mustard, no anything. Tomato and lettuce. On stale white bread. I appreciate that they at least made sure I had something to eat…but still…
15. What made you decide to blog?
I am a part of a cooking forum (non-veg) and a few members over there started up blogs. I wanted to get in on the fun.
16. What are three of your favorite meals to make?
Pizza nights are a blast, east Indian feasts with home-made naan, and chili with homemade cornbread. I like to let the chili simmer for hours and hours and tinker with the spices.
17. What did would you bring to a vegan Thanksgiving-themed potluck?
We just had our Thanksgiving…if I could only bring one dish I would probably bring the
green bean casserole
18. Where is your favorite vegan meal at a restaurant? How many times have you ordered it?
Alas, any restaurant around here I end up thinking “I could make this so much better at home.” That is IF I can find anything to order.
19. What do you think the best chain to dine as a vegan is?
For fast food, Taco Bell. But I love Mexican food.
20. My kitchen needs a……
Stand mixer. Or a dishwasher. I’d take either one.
21. this vegetable is not allowed in my kitchen….!
22. What’s for dinner tonight?
Probably that eggplant and peanut soup from Veganomicon, with some homemade bread. And red wine. Mmm. If the bf isn’t around and I can cook with nuts that is. Stupid allergies.